Dendy Cinema advert

UC Services


Located just below the Concourse, The Hub is home to a whole bunch of important places you can make use of without having to leg it down to the Belconnen shops. With a Commonwealth Bank and ATM, Post Office (you can sort yourself out a PO box here, for those of you on res), the UC Hair Salon and Body Piercing Clinic, UCFM 87.8 (our university radio station) and Cafe Mizunna.


If you’re sick of buying those dang expensive printer cartridges, you can print (and scan and photocopy) whatever you want at the library for a small fee. They have a Research Assistance Desk, where you can drop by if you’re having trouble getting started on an assignment, or need a hand finding journal articles or navigating databases. You can also book out their study rooms for group assignment work, toil away late into the night in the 24-hour Commons, or browse the stacks of popular DVDs available to borrow. And they have a few books too – useful things, they are (click here for details).


Need help with MyUC? HECS and FEE HELP? Lost your student ID card? If it’s anything from scholarships to academic transcripts, applying for credit, exams, or timetabling issues, then these are the people to go and chat with (click here for details).


The ASC are there to help students with their university learning – whether they’re first years taking their initial steps, or third years having a bit of trouble. They organise group workshops, face-to-face support, and provide general resources and academic advice. You can find more information and book an appointment with them at (click here for details).


The IS3 features International Student Advisors who provide advice to UC’s international students. They can help with Australia Awards, Visa enquiries, eCoE questions, orientation, complaints or problems, welfare, and many other issues. You can visit them at Student Central, building one (click here for details).


Full of GPs, nurses, and counsellors, this is where to go if you’re feeling sick, have any health concerns, or just need someone to talk to. Everyone knows student life can be stressful, so if you need to speak to someone about anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues – or about concerns regarding your personal life, relationships, or study – these are the people that can help. Doctor services at the centre for Australian UC students are bulk billed through Medicare, and international students can have visits covered by their OSHC Worldcare card or their Medibank OSHC Private card. Counselling services are free to absolutely all UC students, and there’s an International Student Counsellor to assist international students with any personal or cultural problems. So there’s no reason to put your health at risk. It’s much better to speak to someone if you need to. Call 6201 2351 to make an appointment (click here for details).


Inclusions & Welfare provide welfare support for all students, and assist those with disabilities or health conditions. They’re there to help your time at university be the best it can be, so if you have a condition or need support, you can make an appointment to talk about the adjustments that can be made (click here for details).


One of the most important campus and res services, Security should be contacted at any time if you want to report thefts, threats, break-ins, suspicious activities, or anything similar. They provide a night time escort service on request if you’re walking from rooms to car parks, bus stops, or residences, and are also the people that handle lost property. There are Unisafe security phones around campus which you can use to make any security calls if need be. Contact them on 6201 2222 – they’re available 24/7 (click here for details).