CISA National Conference 2016
Darwin, 4-7 July 2016
This grant is open for international students enrolled at the University of Canberra in 2016 to attend the CISA Conference in Darwin.
Number of grants: 6
Value of grant: Cost of conference, accommodation and travel
The Council of International Students Australia (CISA) is the peak national student representative organisation for international students studying at the postgraduate, undergraduate, private college, TAFE, ELICOS and foundation level. CISA works to address different issues faced by international students and work for the betterment of all international students across Australia.
Breaking Down Barriers, Facing the Future Together as One is the 2016 theme of the conference.
The Conference is about empowering international students and celebrating their contribution to the Australian community. The conference program has been planned with a focus on providing students with important information as well as giving them a platform to put forward their ideas on a range of different topics. This conference is targeted towards international student representatives who have are keen interest in supporting and actively representing international students on education issues. Students attending this conference will have a chance to network and engage with other international student leaders from across the country.
This grant is funded by UC International and the Dean of Students office.
* Be currently enrolled as an international student at UC in a degree program and remain enrolled for the duration of the conference.
* Undergraduate students must have completed at least one full time semester study and master’s students must have completed one full time semester or equivalent at the time of application.
* Have achieved a minimum GPA of 4.0 in your Bachelor or Master’s degree at the University of Canberra.
* Be knowledgeable about international student issues.
* Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the legislative framework that impacts on international students and education providers.
* Be an excellent communicator (oral and written) with strong interpersonal skills
* Be highly motivated.
* Be able to travel to Darwin on the selected dates.
* Be able to attend a pre departure briefing on 30th June 2016.
* Submit a report outlining their experiences after the conference.
* Agree to be photographed and interviewed for promotional purposes.
How to Apply:
* Applications open 29th May and will close at 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 June, 2016.
* Late applications will not be accepted.
* Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview on Thursday 10 June, 2016.
Provide a 500 word statement outlining your leadership skills, and working with the student population at UC and outside. Students applying should also display strong communication skills and should address the conference theme “Breaking Down Barriers, Facing the Future Together as One” in the statement.
Send all application statements to the firstname.lastname@example.org
The University will reserve the right to re-allocate the award if for any reason the award is withdrawn;
The selection panel reserves the right to withhold awarding the scholarship should there be an inadequate number of suitable applicants in a given year.
For more information please email email@example.com.